I set up a Patreon account some time ago as a means of support of the DFIR Training website. In exchange of DFIRs supporting the website through Patreon, I create content as rewards as part of their subscriptions. This worked well (for the most part).
There have been quite a few complaints about Patreon from my supporters, which I have addressed via email and in-person to Patreon (at their event in Seattle last year). Some of the complaints were:
- The Patreon platform itself is unbearably difficult to find content.
- Charges not going through or being double charged.
- Accounts losing access to content.
- The site itself undergoing maintenance often and being inaccessible.
- Non-USA users not being able to subscribe.
- Billing cycle not being a full month unless subscribing on the first of the month.
- Communications being difficult to find and use.
- No annual subscription options.
With the Patreon website, there is